Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Walk about Australia

When this quilt came to me I immediately fell in love with it.

Walk about Australia one

In 1981 Glynn and I toured around Australia in a camper van.Yep that’s me at The Devil’s Marbles.

The Devils Marbles

The Australian prints seemed like old friends.They bought back so many memories. The colour used in the alternative diamonds evokes the colour of ochre rock in the Outback. I pondered for some time about how to quilt this one. In the end I went for Boomerang shapes with an Aboriginal art style ( I hope) snake shape running through the middle.

IMG_2945

In the dark borders I put a narrow up and down matchstick quilting.

IMG_2941_1

IMG_2940

Linking up with Julie Lou and Linda from Koka Quilts

clip_image002_thumb_thumb

Thanks for popping by

   

9 comments:

  1. Love your quilting on this, definitely aboriginal themed . I have dreams of getting to the outback one day, not sure about all the creepy crawlies that live there though. Thanks for linking up to Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting design is perfect for those rich rust diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job and found the perfect way to make the design "sing." Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting! I like how you did the matchstick quilting in the borders, seems popular lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is lovely and it was interesting to hear the thinking behind your choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic! Nice memories for you too.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...