Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sew, stitch,snap share


Along with two other members of our in house Sweet Pea sewing group I am embarking on an applique project. I have been told that a pressing board is essential to achieve nice crisp edges to my applique pieces. So this week I made pressing boards for our applique team.
  pressing board
To make these I followed Sharon Schamber’s excellent tutorial on You Tube.The fabric I used to make sleeves is about 20 years old. Perfect for this project.
Peggy and I have been making runners for various bits of furniture around the house. Peggy has been completing the piecing and I have been stitching the quilting.
Table runner one
It is nice to have the occasional smaller project to “play” on. I have long admired Judy Madsen’s quilting style. I like the way she stitches frames around parts of the piecing and creates different shapes. So this piece was perfect for trying out that technique.
Table runner two
I’m pleased with how it turned out.
Linking up with Julie Lou and Linda from Koka Quilts
clip_image002






7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up this week. I was just thinking I probably need to recover my pressing board, might be a job for the weekend. Love your quilted border on that table runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you girls have been having fun! I am a Judi fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The runner is beautiful. The pressing boards will be a handy tool for your appliqué project(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the table runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runner is gorgeous - the quilting, Judi-style, finishes it off beautifully. The little pressing boards will be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilting on the table runner. Have fun with your hand applique.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...