Tuesday, February 07, 2017

An easy start to the New Year...


For a nice start to my new patchwork quilting year I made something for me.



I have called this quilt "Proud as" because of all the bright Peacock colours. When I set out to buy fabric for this quilt I hadnt planned to use colours like this but the feature fabric just leapt off the shelf at me, I went a bit crazy with feathers on this one, I love the way the feathers on the blue double flying geese shapes look a bit like a peacock tail.


The pattern for the Walk About quilt can be purchased online at Grizzly Gulch Gallery

It's a super easy fun quilt to make. If you ever need to make a quilt in a hurry use this pattern. For all you QOV makers this would be a super pattern.

Thanks for popping by

Linda











6 comments:

  1. what a beauty, maybe I will buy this pattern, love the print fabric you have used and I am not normally a blue person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting shows up beautifully, love what you've done on the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful feathers!!! Definitely a quilt to be proud of! Isn't it fun to do one of your own ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I agree, it would make a nice QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love the rich colours you have used and the quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all of the comments. Stunning quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...