Saturday, June 25, 2016

It’s all about large and vintage around here……

I have just completed this large Grandmother’s Garden quilt.

Grandmothers Garden one

Instead of the usual round flower beds these ones are a elongated shape. I loved looking at all the fabrics used, lovely vintage pieces and some clever fussy cutting.

IMG_2714

IMG_2713

IMG_2712

I quilted the hexagons with big soft flower shapes, which I think look like cabbage roses.

A nice plump classic feather seemed the perfect finish on the borders.

IMG_2711

IMG_2715

I love Hexi quilts.

    

6 comments:

  1. Well done! Your quilting complements the quilt design and fabrics perfectly. The photo of the back displays your work very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt Linda and I love how you've quilted it. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully quilted Linda. I guess we usually see hexagon quilts quilted by hand but your machined design here is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I could spend ages just looking at all the fabrics, and then the quilting... a real heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly quilted beautifully Linda. The recipient will be very moved by it I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...