Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2015

A Mini Break….

I love the way the English say they are having a “mini break” Trouble is life is so nice here it’s hard to leave to take a break. Anyway, earlier this week Peggy of Kiwi Klippings and I popped over to Napier for a couple of days. Napier is known as the Art Deco capital of the world. Lots of beautiful buildings to view.

We stayed at the Masonic Hotel which has been restored in Art Deco style.

We loved the KISS control panel in the lift.
KISS lift panel Masonic hotel_2

Our room had a door opening out onto the balcony. Perfect spot to sip a glass of wine before dinner and look out at the Colonnade and the sea beyond

Of course we had to stroll along the front to visit Pania.
Pania Napier
Lots more to share but I think I better write another post!
Thanks for popping by
   

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you both had a great time. I like the look of that flash hotel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napier is a lovely place, my Mum lived there when they first came out from Scotland. OOPS, the link for Peggy takes me to Vodafone, is it my end that has the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you and Peggy to go on holiday together. Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to visit, I have been to Marineland and a couple of vineyards - that was fun, but never looked around properly. Glad you had a good time and gorgeous weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual Napier is looking lovely! Haven't been down there for around 10 years but it's one of my favourite destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda,

    I love Napier, especially the antique shops, so much to see. Yes, love the up and down buttons, that's all you need to know!

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...