Thursday, October 23, 2014

Rainbow Kitties

My Rainbow Kitties are so cute. As soon as I got home from Sweet Peas I laid them out to sort out what order I would stich them together in. I popped out of the room for a few minutes and came back to find that Cici the cat had been having a bit of creative input.

Kit kats all messed up

Here they are all together:

Kit kats 3IMG_1259_1

Cici is happy with the result

IMG_1260

In keeping with the modern look of this quilt I stitched it with Matchstick quilting. I follow a blog She can quilt, Leanne does a lot of this kind of quilting. I love the look it gives a quilt.

Kit Kats quiltedIMG_1281_2

 Matchstick quilting

Leanne always shows a photo after washing so as soon as I had the binding stitched down on my kitties they had their first bath.Here is an after photo. Doesn’t it look nice and crinkly? Love that look.

Washed Kit Kats IMG_1289_1_1

Matchstick quiltingIMG_1287

I have to say though this will probably be the only quilt I will ever quilt this way. This is a small quilt, only 42” x 44”. It seemed to take forever.

Oh, the pattern if you want to make your own kitties can be found at Oh Fransson.

 

    

11 comments:

  1. this is so colourful, it will cheer up even the dullest day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this quilt is great. I especially like the blue background and the quilting. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love your quilt! The rainbow idea works so well with the cute cats and your Matchstick quilting is marvellous. A lot of work but so worthwhile, you must be very pleased. The shade of blue you have chosen for the background is such an excellent choice. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that quilting - it makes the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super little cats! Such cheerful bright colours and yes, I too love the straight line quilting and the fact that Leeanne washes the quilt when finished, I love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and colourful - I love that quilted effect too, I don't know whether I will ever have the patience to do it though.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda,

    What a bright wonderful quilt, the background fabric really shows up the colours. Plus it has been given cat approval.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute kitty quilt and love the colors you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh LIKE LIKE Linda! Cool cats and the quilting adds such texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cheerful & bright! and I just love the effect of the matchstick quilting, must try it myself soon. Thanx for Leanne's link too, that was v. helpful. the other Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Linda! This is yet another pattern that's been on my wish list, yours reinforces that! Love how you quilted it too.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...