Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I have Hugs and Kisses

A parcel arrived for me today, posted by my blogger friend Cat of Catalina’s Cottage.Now I have quilted a couple of quilts for Cat, the parcel was squishy so I though it was a top and backing for me to quilt for her.

Surprise! Look at this…

Hugs and kisses wrappedIMG_1082_1

and this….

Hugs and kisses textureIMG_1098_1

What an amazing surprise. Turns out that Cat had sent out a message via Instagram (very sneaky!) asking fellow NZ quilters to make hugs and kisses blocks for me.I am so humbled that Cat organised this for me. I am left wondering who are the other quilting friends out there that stitched blocks? Time to ‘fess up fellow bloggers.

 Leanne of Quiltmekiwi completed the quilting. Leanne is a knockout quilter. She does all her quilting on a small Bernina machine. I am in awe of her work. She obviously knows how I like texture. I love the way she has straight lines through the kisses and rounded shapes in the hugs. Very clever. She even popped a few feathers in there. Love love.

Hugs and kissesPicMonkey Collage

Even the back is pretty!

hugs and kisses backIMG_1103

Thanks dear friends, Cat in particular. You are all so kind. This quilt will always have a special place in my home.

Your hugs and kisses are waiting to snuggle and comfort me.

Hugs and kisses on chairIMG_1104_1

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

     

17 comments:

  1. such a lovely quilt and knowing it was made with such love for you is touching, enjoy your snuggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort wrapped up in a quilt made with love from all over, loving gift from caring friends, enjoy, Linda, Hugs from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful quilt that will bring you hugs forever. So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! May your heart and body be warmed as you use this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely Linda. Wrapped in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift and a wonderful group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely!!! Glad you love it, Linda, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! So like Cat and so deserved by you. I think this epitomizes Kiwis. Enjoy your lovely quilt with all the love and best wishes sewn into it. Well done Cat, for organising such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful gift for a beautiful lady. So glad you have hugs and kisses whenever you need them.

    You have awesome friends !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, you have completely ah-MAZING friends! And you deserve these... the great friends, the gorgeous quilt and all the love that went in to the planning, creating, quilting... This is the kind of love that draws people to quilting... selfless, heartfelt sharing.
    XOXO from Christina in Cleveland to you and all your wonderful friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda you must have been so surprised opening the mail! Isn't Cat a clever, creative, generous and thoughtful soul? Glad you like the quilting..........take care of yourself, I hope to meet you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing surprise for you, the quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely quilt! Hugs & Kisses... yep, just perfect for snuggling up under! and what wonderful friends! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. How thoughtful and sneaky! Visiting from Sew Many Ways.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...