Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Sundries…………..

Lots to share this week.

First up, this is enough to knock your socks off.

Abbey, daughter of my blogger friend Leanne at Cottage Tails has launched her first pattern as a designer of knitting patterns’'.

This is her logo, I think it is very clever

Abbey has her own blog and Face book page. I follow a lot of bloggers who knit socks, if you do please check out Abbey’s design and mention her on your blog and/or like her on face book. Let’s help this clever, talented New Zealand designer to go global!

I have been dabbling into making some homemade beauty products. On Friday I made honey,beeswax and almond oil moisturising cream.

Honey ceam Collage

This stuff is divine. Almost good enough to eat! You can find the recipe at Petite Kitchen.Of course I had I had to do a cost analysis. I bought my Bees wax from Trade Me, Almond oil and Rosewater from my local Chemist. Price per pot $9.50.

But wait, those pots are a bit boring aren’t they? Washi tape to the rescue:

IHoney cream with washiMG_0913_1

Signs of spring in the garden.

Sping garden aug 2014PicMonkey Collage

Our lemon tree is dripping lemons. They are so sweet and juicy.

Lemon Tree

When I went to this Camellia tree I could hear the bees busy at work. Look at this little one – so much pollen on board I wonder if it will fly home safe.

Busy BeePicMonkey Collage

……..and just because I can a local scenic picture.

IMG_0852

Just another day in paradise…….

    

8 comments:

  1. I am not a knitter, struggle with finger joint pain old age you know but I am sure the patterns will be a great success. Well done on your face cream sounds delicious if you can say that about a cream. Garden looking good and the photo of the view is spectacular how lucky you are to have this as a local scene, would lift me out of the doldrums to see this if not feeling too happy we all have those days I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to see signs of spring, as we here are headed for fall and falling leaves :) The local landscape picture is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a great day to be in Taupo - stunning shot across the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a great day to be in Taupo. Come on down!

      Linda

      Delete
  4. Fabulous photos and what a beautiful place you live in. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear you live in paradise - snow, mountains, lemons, and everything in between.

    I'm off to check out Abbey's blog and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hand made socks but sadly cant knit them. I wish Abby every success with her new business though.

    I love home made beauty products . Cost effective and you know what you’re putting on your face and body . I use coconut oil for a night cream, and its fabulous ! (and so cheap)

    I really must get over there and visit your corner of the world at some point - it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://razzledazzlequilter.blogspot.jp/2014/09/japanese-baskets-end.html?showComment=1412729681858#c2117935231517368292

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...