Pages

Monday, June 09, 2014

Star Burst

One of our Sweet Peas, Debbie found this quilt pattern on the Internet:
Star Burst Quilt
Ever one for a challenge Debbie just had to make this quilt. Not a quilt for the faint hearted. That centre piece surrounded by the first round of stars has 273 pieces in it!
Starhurst quilt centre
I was itching to stitch this quilt so I was thrilled when Debbie asked me to quilt it for her. She gave me cart blanche to get stitching.
Here it is loaded on the frame:
Starhurst quilt
First I stitched in the ditch around the stars and coloured squares. Then starting in the middle I stitched out through the the stars with star burst flowers, scaling them to fit the different sizes.
Starburst quilt
Then the fun commenced, fantasy feathers in the background working out to the edges.
Starburst quilt centre out
Debbies starburst Collage
What fun I had! I used Superior Threads Fantastico Variegated thread.The thread  was perfect  for this quilt. It’s hard to see in the photos but the thread is purple, lime green, aqua, blue and bright pink. This thread sparkles against the black background.
Starburst quilt
Debbie also made some back art:

Debbies star back art
Debbies star back 2
I used Bottom Line black on the back.
BTW, if you like this quilt you can find the pattern at Gourmet Quilter. The designer is a New Zealander. You may like to poke around her site, you will find some very different quilts there.
Thank you for asking me to quilt for you Debbie. ……and just because I can one last peek…..
IMG_0733

    

9 comments:

  1. This quilt is amazing. All those pieces! I love the way your quilting swirls through the black. I can imagine it stands out even more beautifully in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's one amazing quilt. Made even more amazing by your wonderful quilting skills. Pata on the back for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous quilt that catches the eye and holds it. Beautiful quilting, Linda. It adds a lot of movement to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely swirls, colours and design. hope the stars shine for you this week, Hugs,Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic quilt and your quilting looks great on it, the whole quilt pops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous Linda, the finished quilt is amazing and I love your quilting as well as the quilt. How about those fabulous feathers then? lol. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another masterpiece. Beautiful work - both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening! obat penghilang tato

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...