Alison likes to make quilts out of charming old linens. You may remember I quilted one for her last year, you can see it here.
Her latest one has an almost Art Deco look.Here’s how it looked…..
I started on the middle doily with tiny McTavish, then moved onto the next section with small peacock feather loops.
I stitched around all the embroideries much as you would with applique.
Then onto the supper cloth. Once again close stitching around the embroidery and then an extra echo before moving onto some McDazzle.
Then I added feathers…
The last area to quilt, the outer border/table cloth. I used a new to me all over pattern here. Butterclams , thanks to Lyn Durbic for putting up a great tutorial about this. It was the perfect pattern to tame this area of the quilt.
I think it all came together superbly:
Thanks for asking me to quilt for you Alison.