Thursday, April 03, 2014

I’ve been given a challenge……

A while ago I sent  Jan of A Passion for Vintage Textiles some old knitting patterns, you can read about that here.

I truly didn’t mean to challenge her but she sees these old patterns as a challenge and has responded by issuing a challenge to me! A squishy envelope with very Canadian style writing arrived in my letter box.

IMG_0419

 Inside was this fabric, with a challenge to me to turn it into some thing gorgeous.

Challenge fabricPicMonkey Collage

The large piece is  37” x 20” and the smaller pieces are 2.5” square.                       .

Any ideas folks??? Help me out here pleeeeease.

    

PS.  Jan, I think the Tea Cosy looks great.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful gift. What about a square in a square, alternating the outer, light with darker, can you use some of your own fabric with it too? Tanya, recently sewed a quilt for Leiya in US, using that pattern. And LOVE that address, did the postie have a chuckle? Hugs to you, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eagerly waiting to see what you create with these fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Linda, what will you come up with, I wonder? What an exciting challenge, and Jan wont be the only one eagerly waiting to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!! That is beautiful fabric!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you come up with, I know it will be gorgeous! I am still trying to figure out what makes it "Canadian Style" writing. Looks normal to me ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely fabric there
    However I'm still admiring the lien and embroidered cloths under the envelope

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something really warm and cosy about those fabrics. I'm not sure if you have to stick with patchwork but I think they'd make a great fabric infinity scarf. Or the large part could be a background for an applique with the squares used as a border around it. I'm sure you'll make something wonderful with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...