Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Recued from Trade Me….

If you have been following my blog for a while you will already know I cant help but rescue a quilt. When I saw this one pop up on Trade Me (NZ equivalent of EBay) I thought it needed to be rescued.

DSCF2212

If this was someone’s first quilt,the piecing is superb. Check out this block, 78 pieces!!

DSCF2213

None of the blocks are easy:
Trade me Sampler quilt

When I saw this quilt on Trade Me I thought it might be a a candidate for pulling apart and re-quilting, but look it has the nicest hand quilting:

DSCF2217

Who could unpick that? Nice puffy batty makes this a nice soft snuggle quilt. I’m so glad I rescued it. BTW it is signed and dated 1999. I wonder how it got to be on Trade Me? I guess I’ll never know.

7 comments:

  1. Linda, you must have the " Black Belt" in Trade Me finds, I look often, seldom find a quilt ... but that quilt is a true beauty. Beautiful blocks, enjoy its comfort. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was a gift to someone who was a 'blanket' person...you know who they are: they would rather have something cheaply made from the store than 'homemade". All they deserve is a blanket. Glad its home with someone who will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt - the colors sing! Nice rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks - what a find! Great to see your beautiful rhododendron blooming away there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think quilts that need new homes are somehow drawn to you. They must know they'll find a good home if they come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a find, and what a treasure. I am glad if found an appreciative home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear it's found a loving home, so sad that these treasures aren't always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...