Chicken Little likes to walk in the woods. She likes to look at the trees. She likes to smell the flowers. She likes to listen to the birds singing.
One day while she is walking an acorn falls from a tree, and hits the top of her little head.
- My, oh, my, the sky is falling. I must run and tell the lion about it, - says Chicken Little and begins to run.
She runs and runs. By and by she meets the hen.
- Where are you going? - asks the hen.
- Oh, Henny Penny, the sky is falling and I am going to the lion to tell him about it.
- How do you know it? - asks Henny Penny.
- It hit me on the head, so I know it must be so, - says Chicken Little.
- Let me go with you! - says Henny Penny. - Run, run.
Today’s forecast was for blustery southerly winds. Little did we expect something like this would happen. The piece of trellis on the right blew off its frame at the left end of the retaining wall and knocked the hen house over. Thank goodness it didn’t smash the window.
Don’t worry the girls are all okay. Perhaps the eggs will be pre scrambled tomorrow.