Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Vintage Linen

Alison has made this quilt top from layers of vintage linen.

First an old linen table cloth with a touch of blue, next a pillow case followed by an oval doyley with a small round doyley centred in the middle. I must try and remember to take photos before I start. This is the best I can do as I just start stitching:

DSCF2018

First I pebbled the centre:

Alisons quilt centre

Then I micro stippled close around the embroidery on the oval doyley:

DSCF2024

Hard to photograph this white on white project!  What I hoped to achieve by this is a trapunto look. Then I moved on out to a slightly bigger pattern:

DSCF2028

I think it’s looking very good, I’m getting the look I want to achieve.

DSCF2039

When I move into the next area the lace on the oval doyley will be left unstitched. I think this is going to look very pretty. I cant wait to stitch more on this one.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Linda that is really something different - how on earth you came up with the great ideas
    for the quilting I don't know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda,

    Just fabulous, you have such an imagination when it comes to quilting.

    Have fun with the rest of it.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this sort of thing before and it always looks fabulous with the sort of wonderful quilting you do. I believe that someone? not sure who, teaches classes to use doilies and embroidered cloths in this way. Would be great to showcase Granny's treasured crotchet, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...