Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Bertha and I have a new friend…..

let me introduce you to my new cross hatching ruler:

Cross hatch ruler

The ruler is attached to a bar below my take up roller. I can slide it along and set it at different angles as required. It sure does make straight line ruler work easy. I can sew nice long lines without having to stop and start for ruler placement. Yes, Bertha and I are going to be firm friends with this ruler.

I started to stitch Jo’s pretty garden flowers quilt today.

DSCF1928

I plan a custom job on this beauty. The fabrics Jo has used in this quilt are very diverse and pretty. A wonderful example of a scrappy quilt that the colours work really well in. Looking at all the fabrics is a trip down memory lane. I have had many of them in my stash.

First step is stitching in the ditch down the borders and around all the blocks. This will keep everything in place as I work up and down the top. I am using Bottom Line Ivory for this part of the stitching. I like it for stitch in the ditch as it blends in so nicely and when I complete my other stitching it will just seem to disappear.

Jo's Stitch in ditch

I cant wait to see how this one turns out. Pop back tomorrow to see how I am going on.

Thanks for popping by.

8 comments:

  1. Bertha sounds just perfect!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, who makes the crosshatching ruler? Looks very helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crosshatching ruler looks awesome. Can't wait to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Bertha have definitely bonded. I look forward to the quilts that the two of you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all that beautiful applique. What a lovely quilt.

    Gotta love anything that makes the quilting process easier and more accurate too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt, and I look forward to seeing what you do on it. I am so glad you and Bertha are such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ruler! It's perfect. Great start, can't wait to see where you go from here!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...