Pages

Sunday, September 01, 2013

My new Best Friend

At the beginning of July I made the decision to sell my Nolting Quilting machine and buy an Innova. It arrived here from Houston Texas on the 23rd of August. A long crate and a very big carton:

Innova Long Arm Machine

The frame came as a build it yourself project. Kind of like a giant Meccano set. The long narrow case contained all the long pieces. The big carton contained a huge box with the machine in it and another large box of parts.

Innova Long Arm Machine

Over the next couple of days I managed to unpack that top box and lay out all the nuts bolts etc. ready for assembly.

On Wednesday my brother Alan arrived from Auckland to build the frame for me. Here he is deep in contemplation – probably wondering what the heck he’s got himself into!

DSCF1687

Big Bertha ready to come out of the box and go on the frame:

Innova Long Arm Machine

All together with first practise piece loaded Thursday afternoon:

Innova Long Arm Machine

First stitches:

Innova Long Arm Machine

Very exciting!

First quilt loaded, stitches looking lovely.No thread breakages, no hissy fits from this machine,

First quilt on Innova

My stitching seems to have a deeper more sculptured look.

Second real quilt on today. I am trying out spirals. They are going well.

Scrappy Trip around the world

Big thank you to my brother Alan for getting this up and running and sister Peggy of Kiwi Klippings for keeping the household running while I have been playing assistant engineer.

I have a backlog of quilts to get through. Some serious stitching coming up.

Thanks for popping by.

15 comments:

  1. WOW that is exciting Linda and your quilting looks great. Are you loving it more than your Nolting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One great machine, and greater quilting, You will enjoy this so very much. Fond greetings, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas has come early for you & your readers... working a treat also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting Linda.
    Some great quilting there, have fun...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last! Now you will be busy, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how really thrilling for you. I look forward to seeing your work!
    Love leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well isn't she a beauty!! Your stitches look wonderful, hope it is all falling into place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, you lucky girl!!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Linda! Looking at your pictures reminded me how excited I was when my Innova arrived. It looks as though it is a perfect fit. Your quilting is lovely. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, quite an undertaking to get everything unpacked and set up. I'm glad everything went well and that the machine is running perfectly.

    Looking forward to seeing the quilts that come off of Big Bertha! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh HOW EXCITING!!!

    And hey, now that I have the room I am considering buying a longarm myself. Can I pick your brains for advice? Did you sell your old one already?
    In the meantime, until I get one, do you do customer orders? I would like to get the quilt I'm making for Abbie long armed but the quilter I usually use is in Aussie which might be a bit expensive for postage.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very exciting!!! I've been waiting for your Innova to arrive along with you:0) Looking into getting one as well. Congratulations!!! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new machine. Your quilting looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am loving Big Bertha's new home and your quilting is spectacular. I am SO excited for you with your new Innova. How wonderful!
    ~Christina in Cleveland, OH US

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...