Monday, September 30, 2013

A modern change…

 

Modern spiral quilting

What fun to quilt! Lots of negative space to stitch on. I love quilting spirals. They are so fun to do. I like the way they appear to stack up over each other. Simple straight lines between the strips of colour with little jigsaw knobs in the gaps.

Some pretty groovy fabric and back art on this one:

Back art popsicles and mud pools

It was difficult to get a picture of the whole quilt. It has been a dull wet day so I couldn’t go for an outside picture.

Modern spiral quilting

Thanks for asking me to quilt for you Julie.

10 comments:

  1. Another beautiful quilt & quality finish - well done Julie & Linda.

    Question, what do you do when the stitching of a new spiral hits the previous spiral (e.g. do you stop & bury the thread or do you stitch over the previous spiral to create one continuous stitch?). I hope all of that makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning quilts Linda! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the one quilt, front and back, I just realised :) Its stunning. Well done

      Delete
  3. The texture of this one is wonderful - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, this quilt turned out amazing. Your swirls look awesome! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning quilt, your spiral quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That quilt is gorgeous! I love the design and all that negative space really shows off that fabulous quilting. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swirls, and I love the whole quilt. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these fabrics together and the design -so hip! This is something I would do, for sure. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...