Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Good things take time.

In 2008 I joined a Block Round Robin run by I think Lynda Renny of Kiwiquilters Online. We all sent off a block pattern and a colour scheme. If you pop over to Amy’s blog Seven Stitches you can see some of the other blocks we made.While I have been waiting for my new machine to arrive I have been completing some UFOs.My Linda’s Stars blocks came to the top of the pile, this is how I put them together:
Linda's Star Quilt
I love the block, if you would like to make some you can find the pattern at The Quilter’sCache. It is a tad tricky to piece – but worth the effort. The setting was designed by Fiona Hussey of Taupo Quiltmakers.Thanks for sharing with me Fiona.
Linda's Star Quilt
I love this quilt top.
Yep it’s right what they say on the Mainland, good things take time.
Good Things Take Time
It wouldn’t do to rush.
Thanks for popping by.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Linking with @ Confessions of a fabric Addict

15 comments:

  1. Like the ad( I always liked it so much), very good things take a little more time, and your quilt proves this in millions!! Super blocks, yes, a bit/ a lot/ huge amount of time and stitching, to get those perfect matching seams. Lovely colours that go so well together. Greetings to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely top. I can't wait to see what magic you perform on it when you get your new machine. I hope it arrives soon. Did you manage to sell your old one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I managed to post my comment twice. That's why you have a deleted comment from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen that star block before, and I LOVE it! Thanks for the link.

    This is a stunning quilt: the blue with splashes of color are perfect. An excellent finish, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colours in that quilt...very nice!

    How are you coping without a quilting machine...I'd be going slowly nuts! At least you can still piece and sew I guess .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shay

      Thank you. I'm loving this quilt, but it's going to have to go at the back of the queue for quilting. My new machine may be just one sleep away. i'm so looking forward to quilting again.
      Cheers
      Linda

      Delete
  7. Really like these star blocks, beautiful. Looking forward to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous quilt top. I love the star blocks. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Whoop Whoop. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt top is so pretty! You are so right about Good Things needing Time!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful! Congratulations on getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pattern you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I love this quilt! I love blue and stars and what could be better than BOTH! I came over to visit from the Innova group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a fabulous quilt, Linda!! Love the layout!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat quilt, the star blocks are very effective. I agree, good things DO take time....I hope you have had some mail arrive at your place.... it too took a long time to get there! Thanks for the links, Amy's blog is a beaut, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...