Tuesday, July 23, 2013

More quilts from Taupo….

My trip to the exhibition was sadly a rather rushed affair. I snapped photos of at random of quilts that appealed to me. I am sorry I don’t have details about makers. The standard was very high, I would love to be able to show you all the quilts but 150 photos would be a bit much!

DSCF1427

I do know this one was made by Gloria Loughman

Gloria Loughman

This was my fav quilt, purple, pink, blue – now is that a surprise?

DSCF1421

The piecing, quilting and embellishment all superb.

Star quilt

Loved this one too. A double wedding ring with tiny nine patches in the arcs. Small wedges placed between the nine patches to execute the arch. Then about 260 yoyos around the scalloped edge.

DSCF1418

Double wedding ring

A couple more that took my eye:

DSCF1414

DSCF1413

Hope you enjoyed this wee peek. Peggy of Kiwi Klippings is posting photos of other quilts, please pop over for a look.

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the detail on these quilts! Absolutely beautiful pieces of art!!!! I hope I can one day make something even close to this beautiful! Thanks for posting! Now hopping over to look at Peggy's pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These certainly do set the bar rather high for the average quilter, but I do love admiring them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That double wedding ring quilt is amazing. I wonder how long that took to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo at the top is of a quilt made by Lenore Crawford from USA - one of the Tutors.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...