Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Comfort food

Today I cooked one of  our favourite comfort foods. Macaroni Cheese and Vegetables:

DSCF1217

The recipe is from Alison and Simon Holst’s book “Very Easy Vegetarian Meals” I have taken the liberty of scanning the recipe for you.

maccheese2scan

I do cook this a little differently in that I make the sauce in the Microwave Oven while the pasta is cooking, then I mix everything together in the saucepan before tipping the mixture into the oven dish.

Just the meal for a cold winter day.

DSCF1218

Yum oh.

4 comments:

  1. Comfort food, always lovely, super good on a cold day. Yes, maybe too cold down there, I see Lake Tekapo will be more than freezing tonight at -12 C. Thanks for a super recipe. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds divine - I would have never thought of putting pumpkin seeds in a casserole - I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall definitely be serving this one up later in the week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love switching from Summer foods to winter foods. Lots of roasts and bakes and soups and yummy casseroles. Winter food has a charm all its own. Must keep this recipe for Mr. P - he loves pasta .

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...