Pages

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Op Shop Treasure

Last week I took a trip to Tauranga. I spotted this plate in the Hospice shop at Greerton.

DSCF0792

I checked the back and began to wonder if the plate was a worth a tad more than $6.

DSCF0795

Research at home proved my hunch was correct. I feel this plate has an American look about it although Mason’s is a good old English firm.

DSCF0796

My original plan was to sell this plate but the more I look at it the more I like it.I don’t think I will be parting with this treasure

My shhhhh secret project is finished and on it’s way home. I took about a gazillion photos – I’ll torture you with those soon Smile.

Thanks for popping by

Linking with

at Blackbird has spoken

7 comments:

  1. Lovely plate, Linda

    I recently purchased a plate at a thrift shop that was worth more than I paid for it. Although my first thought was to sell it, I, too, decided to keep it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plate and it would make a great applique design for a Christmas quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the surprise!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will be a lovely addition to your Christmas decor I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't resist christmassy things either, the plate is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plate is so lovely
    And nice to see yo ulinking in with the lovely Max

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly looks very Northern Hemisphere-ish. Glad you picked up a bargain that you love!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...