Saturday, April 06, 2013

Master Stitcher Taupo

On Thursday night at Taupo Quiltmakers meeting we had a Master Stitcher evening.As we arrived we were all given a coloured badge. Just like Masterchef we had a blue, green yellow and pink team. I was the stunt sewer for the Blue Team.

Each team had a sewer with machine, cutting equipment,and a box of ingredients.  When my team opened our box we discovered we had a very uninspiring collection of green fabrics. We had a few minutes to look at our raw ingredients and have a quick brain storm about what we could “cook” up.This was our inspiration sketch:

DSCF0537

 

Two members of our team were dispatched  to the Pantry to select more ingredients. While they did that other team members ironed the fabric we already had.

Once we had all our ingredients together it was all go.With free form cutting and free motion stitching we managed to create this little scene:

Free form cutting and stitching

It makes me think of this nursery rhyme:

There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse.
And they all lived together in a little crooked house
.

We sure did have a crooked little house!

DSCF0542

It was a great fun evening.

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea and I am sure it was alot of fun. Love the çrooked house''

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! How big was the finished piece Linda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I'm not sure on how much time you had... In any instance this is very impressive. I want to do something similar from a pixelated photograph, but nervous about how complex it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great response to the challenge and what a fun little quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challenge ! Love how you described yourself as the stunt sewer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! An what an interesting product you made. I love this idea. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard that cute rhyme in a while. And I love your crooked house. Looks like lots of fun... Found you on Sew Many Ways Find a friend Friday. this has been so much fun chasing after all you bloggers I have never met before. I joined your site and will follow you by email.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...