Saturday, March 02, 2013

Recreational quilting

Every now and then I am given a cot panel to quilt. They are always fun to do. A chance to break out, relax and go with the flow.

DSCF0304         DSCF0303

I feel Autumn in the air. Our flowers are having a final vibrant burst of colour.

Autumn Flowers

Scents seem stronger too. The soft orange rose was in the garden when we came here. I have no idea what it is called but wonder if it is “Whiskey”? It has the most amazing scent. When we pick this rose and bring it indoors it fills the room with perfume.The Gazania was a saved from neglect at the Warehouse. I love its fluffy centre. The Lily surprised us by volunteering its services. We didn’t even know it was in the garden.

…….and just so you know – it’s too hot for fur coats around here!

DSCF0272

Thanks for popping by.

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun quilting the cot panel: it is a whimsical piece.

    Your fur-babies must be miserable in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already lamenting the passing of Summer...Im not quite ready yet for long sleeves!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...