Saturday, March 16, 2013

Midnight Madness……..

 

………………kinda turned into a 24 hour endurance test!! Now this was the easiest quilt you could ever imagine. It is simply called the Nine Fat Quarter Quilt – I suspect a second cousin to the Turning Twenty Quilt. All you had to do was cut every FQ the same way into 9 segments (all different shapes). Then shuffle each pile in a prescribed way so no two fabrics would touch each other in a block. Easy, right? Not for me apparently. Somehow I mucked up the sorting. Grrrrrrrrrr.

So after reverse sewing, re sorting and sewing I have finally finished my quick and easy quilt.

DSCF0435

Perhaps this was serendipity as the re sew gave me the opportunity to change a couple of the fabrics I used. I prefer how it looks now.

I don’t plan to add any borders.I am going to put a coral fleece blanket on the back. I think it will make a lovely cuddle quilt.

Thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

  1. I am interested to know what the changes were ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looks fabulous, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bursts of red in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that pattern a lot! Is it available on the internet anywhere?

    Those fabrics look fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...