Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What a clever marketing ploy it was…..

…….when someone worked out that we would be happy to pay top dollar for tomatoes still on the truss. We’re silly enough to pay for stalks!!!

Never mind this year we have them beat. For the first time for many years we have grown Grosse Lisse tomatoes. We have our own truss tomatoes coming on fast.

truss tomatoes

Picking any day now:

DSCF0208

Pumpkins volunteered in our garden, I didn’t have the heart to pull them out. They must know, they’re growing so fast!

DSCF0209

Isn’t the perfection of nature a creative inspiration? We have two large tubs of these brilliant marigolds on our patio.

DSCF0203

Looking forward to watching the Cricket this evening – and the chooks out for their evening roam.

Thanks for coming by

5 comments:

  1. I really must put some tomatoes in. Im a sucker - I always buy truss tomatoes. They're the only ones that have any flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking good, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker, too, because in my mind nothing is better than tomato on the vine. Duh, aren't they all vine grown?

    I can almost smell the marigold. They are such happy and hardy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatoes home grown, the best, and marigolds, do you save the seeds? Some years ago we grew them as companion planting with beans, and at the end of the season Hugh was pulling them out, and the mice were busy saving the seeds for their winter meals!!! Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks so healthy Linda - beautiful tomatoes!
    Yes I agree about the marketing ploy - however tomatoes on the vine look very attractive on a platter.
    The thing is with all the foodie tv programs we're all learning how to present food better!!!
    I see Masterchef NZ has started again, it just doesn't 'do it' for me, whereas the Australian one is in another league - I won't miss a show!!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...