Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Friends with Benefits?

One of our Sweet Pea ladies bought a load of fabric awhile  ago to make a quilt.

DSCF0257

She became disenchanted with the pattern and wondered what else she could do. After some research I found this quilt on the net:

DSCF0258

……and worked out how to make it. Today I sewed a sample block and put together a series of construction photos:

DSCF0251Block Construction

This is a super easy block to make. Nothing to match until blocks are sewn together.

Here’s my sample block with a border to put around to see if the blocks will “float”

yDSCF0254

I have the blocks cut out and stacked ready for our Sweet Pea to sew.

Friend’s with benefits?A more genteel interpretation – perhaps the top will come back for me to quilt.Sweet Peas meet at our house tomorrow, pop back to see what they have been up to.

3 comments:

  1. What a great block..... and the fabric is amazing. Cannot wait to see your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed - it looks amazing!
    I'm sure it will wing it's way back to you for quilting!
    Love the last image - is that at your house for the Sweet Peas - like balloons for children's birthdays????
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the block, and I know your Sweet Pea friend will like it, too.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...