Thursday, February 28, 2013

Did you guess……………

……………that I was making this?
DSCF0276
As soon as I saw this pattern at Moda Bake Shop I wanted to make it. I have a great niece arriving in March. Her parents are thoroughly modern so I think this will be just perfect.
I stitched tiny pebble around the letters and then gradually enlarged them into bubbles. The bubbles go out beyond the letters for a wee way, then I stitched wavy lines out to the edges.
DSCF0260
DSCF0279
Back art:

DSCF0283
……….some texture:
DSCF0284
I am in love with this quilt.
Thanks for popping by

Linking with Find a Friend Friday at Sew Many Ways

11 comments:

  1. I also love this quilt. You've done a wonderful job with the colour selection, in particular green and purple - an additional feature of the quilt without being overpowering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt for the new baby! It is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is adorable and fun - front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this quilt! I saw a version on someone else's blog but I didn't realize there was a pattern on Moda. I think I love it even more seeing it for the 2nd time. Your quilting is great, I can't seem to master pebbles. The graduated quilting idea really makes those letters pop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely, Linda. Nice and modern looking, with your great quilting to enhance it. Parents and baby will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen that quilt on Bakeshop and thought it was adorable. Love your take on it. The quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect. I love the quilt, and I love how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning quilt for your new great niece - and it SO very modern, they will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda, stopping by from FaFF at Sew Many Ways to see your gorgeous baby quilt. It's perfect and the quilting is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...