Thursday, January 31, 2013

I have a new toy…………

 

After my Laptop came back from ICU I was unable to reinstate my camera software. DH said “Why don’t you get a new camera?” I didn’t need to be told twice! So this is what I got. An upgrade of the camera I previously had.

It is of course the right colour! I’m just a point and shoot sort of girl so this suits me fine.

I’ve been having a play and couldn’t resist sharing a panorama of the view from our dining table:

DSCF0018

The grass down in the reserve has dried to a crisp.

Just outside our dining area window is the rock and native plant garden which we installed in February 2012. We bought all the plants at Taupo Native Tree Nursery. We explained the location of our garden and how it gets no sun in the winter and about an hour of sun at this time of the year. We couldn’t be happier with the plant selection that was suggested. All the plants are doing well, we haven’t had a single loss.

This is what it looks like now.

New_1_DSCF0030 

  ….and just because I can with  my new snazzy PINK camera, here’s a panorama of our garden from our front porch.

DSCF0024

That walled area on the left is our vegetable garden.

Special note for Shay: Now you can see a bit more past the silk tree!

Thanks for popping by

7 comments:

  1. I can smell the trout from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great toy, and lovely ( I typed lively at first, maybe that too) panoramas. Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Stunning and beautiful scenery!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice in cameras! I just retired my Fuji FinePix and it served me well for many years, a really great camera.
    Love the view, so green and warm compared to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that panorama was an option on point and shot cameras - your shots are great. Your landscaping is wonderful.

    What kinds of vegetables do you grow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are gorgeous. How lucky are you to live in such a beautiful place? I love your views. Thanks so much for sharing a little part of your life with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful and the view from your table is just gorgeous. I am sure our Aussie plants are not too much different to yours as I would love to have a native garden.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...