Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Circling around New Zealand

Our visitors have all departed so it’s back to quilting again. Peggy made this quilt top and I’m busy quilting it.

It is yet another Kiwiana quilt. We were given a load of pre cut circles of Kiwiana fabrics. Peggy raw appliqued the circles onto black squares. These were then cut into quarters that were jumbled up and sewn back together.

DSCF4112

 DSCF4113

I have started by sewing free motion circles in the centre of the blocks.

DSCF4118

DSCF4119

What fun! Next I plan to stitch koru swirly shapes  with my fav Superior thread Lava.

More tomorrow – I hope

Thanks for popping by

 

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see the quilt after you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good - I love how the black background makes the vibrant Kiwiana fabrics "pop."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a design, easy but so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics really pop on the black.

    I made a similar quilt to this a couple of years ago and its one of my favourites ..I also have one pinned to Pinterest that Im planning to make this year . Great minds?

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...