Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mono Modern

I have just finished this nearly Monochromatic quilt for Mary. Interesting quilt this, she bought it as a kit to make, when she got home she discovered that the centre is a printed panel and she only needed to add three borders to complete.

DSCF3964

Mary didn’t want anything “flowery” on this quilt as it’s destined to be a man’s quilt. So after stitching in the ditch along the “Sashings” I started with a square or oblong in the middle of each block and repeated on out to the edge.

A before block:

DSCF3947

After blocks:

DSCF3954DSCF3956

Some wishbones in the borders:

DSCF3962

I love the texture in this quilt.

DSCF3968

That’s it, my last quilt before Christmas. I’m looking forward to some me sewing.

Cheers

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilting you did in the blocks - it accents the blocks perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this quilts so reminds me of Liquorice. Great quilt for a man.

    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda...I love that quilting , seriously love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric and great quilting for the man. Time for you, a great idea, is it quilting, gardening, or just " Time Out" we all need sometime. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how the quilting on a panel makes this a wonderful quilt. You made it look like pieced blocks. I love the texture, and it all works so well together. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting really adds to the appeal of this quilt, that center does't look like a panel at all. Great Job! Enjoy your "me" sewing.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...