Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kiwi Quilters Christmas swap

For many years now I have belonged to Kiwiquilters online. Every year they host a Christmas swap. This year I decided after a pause of 3/4 years to join in again. My swap partner was the amazingly talented Janet from JMD Designs.

My parcel was just delightful, check out the goodies

DSCF4057

A piece of superb indigo blue  and white printed fabric. I think this maybe Japanese? Two of Janet’s patterns, chocolate, fancy threads…………..but best of all lovely hand stitched sewing accessories.

DSCF4058

Happiness filled.

My parcel to Janet was adorned with this label:

DSCF4002

One of the specifications of the swap is that you include a hand made item. Janet said she liked a modern Christmas look so I made this for her :

DSCF3984

You can find the pattern for these Present blocks here at Ivory Spring Blog. The pattern is for a whole quilt but I just made the blocks.

If you ever get the chance to join a swap do give it a go. There’s nothing quite like receiving a parcel of goodies from another like minded quilter.

Thanks for popping by

3 comments:

  1. Yes, your indigo fabric definitely looks Japanese. I love it!

    I agree that swaps are a lot of fun and full of wonderful surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gifts sent and received are beautiful Linda. Swaps are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...