Pages

Monday, November 05, 2012

Windows on New Zealand

Do you remember when I started stitching Peggy’s Kiwiana quilt? Well it is all finished and ready to go to England. I thought you might like to see some more pictures.

Here it is at our favourite quilt photo spot. That’s the mighty Waikato river you can see in the background.

DSCF3408

DSCF3410

I had such a lovely creative time with this quilt. I tried to put a bit of a New Zealand feel into my stitching. Lots of ferns fronds and what I hoped were moko and weaving style patterns.

DSCF3414

DSCF3474

DSCF3475

DSCF3418

DSCF3470

I love the way my quilting made this Granny square look so different.

DSCF3469

Each corner is different:

DSCF3416

DSCF3420

DSCF3473

DSCF3472

I have been inspired to do this kind of quilting by Angela Walters.Pop on over to her blog to see super eye candy.

Thanks for popping by

9 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I love the Granny square too, I love how the quilting added to and changed it. The whole quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting design Linda, and I really think that this is 'YOUR VERY BEST", the corners, the fronds, the moko, and more. I am sure it will be accpeted with much delight. Your talent is shown in each quilt, but this one shows so much more. Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilting you did a fantastic job! LOVE this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilting. You've created a masterpiece that will receive rave reviews in England!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilting looks amazing. How many hours did you spend at the LA doing all that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't time this one but I would guess 25 to 30 hours.
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Wow the quilting looks great. I like how you have used contrasting thread too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you did an amazing job on this quilt. Well done! Love all the different patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt. The quilting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...