A little while ago my sister Barbara told me that her daughter had bought a quilt at an opshop. My niece decided to give the quilt a jolly good wash. That’s when a big whoops happened. The quilt had woollen batting and it shrunk!. My sister offered to unpick the quilting and I said I would re quilt it.
This is what it looked like before:
I looked long and hard at this quilt before I started working on it. It was hard to decide what would be appropriate. When I ironed the quilt to prepare it for the frame I discovered that the piecing was not that good. All those set in seams were a bit of a challenge for the patchwork constructor. The centres of the stars didn’t sit flat. There was worse to come – the borders had been stretched as they were applied so they are smaller than the centre of the quilt. So I decided on my McDazzle on a large scale all over.
I do love this pattern. The stars pop and then the baby bocks seem to explode away from the stars.
Needless to say a cat scan was required:
Thanks for popping by