Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Come and see what……

 

The Sweet Peas have been doing:

Debbie has been busy quilting her Solid Stars and Strings. Pretty cool quilting!

DSCF3358

Moira had her wee Grand daughter to stay. They decided to work on a craft project together, a country style wall hanging featuring hens.Shania obviously thought Nana’s hens were pretty exotic, look at the colour she picked for the eggs!!

DSCF3360

Now I did some research about eggs colours and I reckon Nana’s hens are Easter Eggers

Easter Egger, Ameraucana, and Araucana breeds, will lay eggs in colours ranging from khaki green to sky blue, to pink tinted, to occasionally lavender tinted.

Rochelle has made some Christmas table mats:

DSCF3372

Theses mats have a secret feature, she has made sleeve so a solid table mat can slide inside to give the mat stability:

DSCF3376

Isn’t that clever?

Peggy has been busy with Polka Dots and Cup Cakes. She has made these aprons which are going to our niece in Melbourne.These aprons are reversible – you can read more about them on Peggy’s Blog

DSCF3383

That wasn’t enough though, she went on to make a quilt top with the same style of fabrics:

DSCF3385

Look at this little cute topsy turvy block.

DSCF3386

I have been to a Trapunto class, this is the piece I made. I am glad I have learnt this technique – but I don’t know that I would be in a hurry to do more.

DSCF3400

About 15 years ago I decided to teach myself how to do freezer paper applique. Like most people I started with a nice soft heart. I had some pansy fabric so I appliqued a pansy heart onto a  calico block:

DSCF3399

Don’t you just love those Hoffman Pansy fabrics? I wish they still made them.Of course one was not enough so with nine patches added a very pretty little quilt – only 15 years in the making!

This one’s for me!

 

 

 

DSCF3394

We also had a little session learning how to make Dream Balls.

DSCF3381

I know, I know ages ago I promised to show you how to make these. I’ll get onto it.

Thanks for popping by.

3 comments:

  1. Great inspiration from the Sweet Peas! I love the placemat sleeve idea and may "borrow" it. ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much gorgeousness, Linda. Love that wall hanging and the place mats. The machine quilting surely did make the star centre pop! Thanks for sharing all this eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilts!! I love the hens!!! Just stopping by to say "Hi" from Sew Many Ways Find a Friend Friday! =)

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...