Sunday, October 21, 2012

….and now for something completely different……….

Tracey has made this lovely quilt for her Mum. The fabrics in it are just divine. Such pretty colours and so soft and smooth, All over vines, fronds,leaves and the occasional flowers perfect for this quilt.DSCF3339

DSCF3340

The stems are ruched raw edge applique. I popped small swirls along side those to hold the quilt down so they would pop.

DSCF3342

The flowers are also raw edge applique. Two layers of fabric there. I asked Tracey if she would mind if I pebbled the centre of the petals. She said “yes ok”. I think the flowers look  A – MA – ZING!!!

Before:

DSCF3335

After:

DSCF3331

……..and just because I can – the back:

DSCF3346

DSCF3348

DSCF3351

Thanks for asking me to quilt for you Tracey.

Rainy Sunday here for the long weekend. (Labour day here in NZ) We’re taking in some sport today.We’ve watched the Rugby, All Blacks v Wallabies and we are currently watching the Netball, Sliver Ferns v The Diamonds.

Thanks for popping by

PS I have more to show you about the Kiwiana Modern quilt, just waiting for the right photo opportunity.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting, specially the petals.Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again - taken a beautiful quilt and made it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Linda. You take an already lovely quilt and make it pop - it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is so beautiful. She did a fabulous job. And the quilting is brilliant too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how you quilted the flower with the pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just so creative with your quilting!!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...