Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trains and Boats and Planes

Rewa made this quilt for her Great Nephew, who like most children these days seems to have gone from a cot to a ginormous bed!

DSCF3171

Rewa bought a queen sized polar fleece to back this. I didn’t trim much off it.

Stars and Loop de loops in the middle and the corner stones.

DSCF3172DSCF3173

Wavy lines through the borders and Number 8s in the narrow border. All very suitable for a boy’s quilt.

DSCF3175

I have to confess I was having a flash back to the past as I quilted this.

Yes, I am old enough to remember Billy J Kramer singing the song!

Thanks Rewa for asking me to quilt your quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Those were the good old days .... I really enjoyed the music video! That's an adorable quilt, love your quilting design, and a little boy is going to be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a large bed for a little guy, but the quilt sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thanks for commenting on my blog, we love poetry and we have dabbled a little in quilting too!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...