Pages

Friday, September 07, 2012

A touch of the Orient

Do you remember Trish bringing her Japanese quilt top along to Sweet Peas? When she left that day she gave me the top to quilt.

Tuesday I loaded it on the frame:

DSCF3131

I am very pleased with how this is stitching up.

DSCF3151DSCF3161

Texturing at the bottom of the main panel looking super.

DSCF3148

Lots of thread colour changing – but it’s worth the effort.

I love working with these rich sumptuous fabrics.

Thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

  1. The quilt and your stitching is gorgeous! Does it take you a while to determine how to stitch it or does it come to you as soon as you see the quilt top? You are very creative, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are creating another heirloom. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I wish I had the space to set up a frame and quilting machine. Your work is amazingly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...