Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Taupo Quiltmakers UFO Day

Taupo Quiltmakers have several days a year when we come along with our machines and what ever project we are working on.
We had a good attendance today.
Every now and then TQMs have a raffle block. We give out a pattern, members who make the block enter a draw to win all the blocks. Margaret was the winner of our Country Stars Blocks. Members made a saw tooth star which had to have a country flavour and a little something extra in its “belly”.
Margaret has created a super centre block, popped the star blocks around, added a country border and is currently working on flower applique in each corner. So Nice!!!!
DSCF2947
DSCF2945
Check out this cute blocks. Has that cat  got attitude or what?
DSCF2950
Fiona whizzed up a quick welcome new baby quilt:
DSCF2942
DSCF2944
I gave a quick Demo about making a Snap Happy Bag.At a recent meeting I won some nice black on black fabric and some pre cut Tulips. I was able to use them to make my demo bag.
DSCF2951DSCF2953
Thanks for popping by

3 comments:

  1. Those snappy bags are great aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TQMs are a clever and creative bunch! Nice job, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I think I need a UFO to make a dent in my projects
    LOVE those stars

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...