Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dear Jane VIII

Dear Jane and I had a stitching bee today. She keeps springing surprises on me. Look how this simple little block looks with a few lines of stitching:

DSCF3014

…..and this one:

DSCF3016

………….and once again – less is more!

DSCF3010

I like the way this one looks like it almost has a spider web in it.

DSCF3012

Look how these curved lines change this block:

DSCF3019

I think Dear Jane would be happy with our stitching today. I know I am – only 3 rows to go!!!!!

Thanks for checking on on me  - and Jane.

PS Note to self – clean smudge off camera lens!

6 comments:

  1. Each time I see one of your DJ blocks I am in awe ... what a creative mind you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kate's comment. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I am looking forward to seeing the whole quilt when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing it is going to be fantastic
    And yes I've cut the binding and starting to sew it together but I keep getting distracted by blog reading and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pardon my ignorance but are these all original Dear Jane blocks? because if so, the asterisk block has been around for quite a long while. I love what your quilting is achieving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are all the originals! There are some very groovy blocks in there that would fit so well into the “modern” quilting movement.

      Delete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...