Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pattern Testing

This year I have the role of Librarian at Taupo Quiltmakers. Recently we received some new books. I have distributed them to “pattern testers” The idea is that the first person to read the book commits to make something from the book, bring it along to Club for Show and Tell and review the book.
Andreena (member of Sweet Peas) loves all things Christmassy so she was the obvious tester for this book:
ChristmasWH

I spent yesterday morning at her house helping her get this under way:
DSCF2660
She’s going to complete the assembly and I’m going to quilt it.
BTW this book is hot off the press. We bought it through the Book Depository. It has some very nice projects in it. Let’s hope our efforts get some of our members inspired to sew for Christmas.Our next meeting has a Mid Winter Christmas theme so this will be very appropriate.
Got to get a wriggle on now, it’s my morning for the Opshop.
TTFN

4 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I love those Christmas ornies and look forward to seeing the finished project ... just bet you'll have fun with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to make sure the books get used. The design is lovely.

    Glad to hear that your open day was a success too.

    Happy Monday
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book isn't available here in the UK until September, but I've just placed a pre-order for it.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...