Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dear Jane II

……….continues:
I have all the between block sashings stitched down now.
DSCF2839

Rather than just stich straight lines I have run diagonal lines through the sashing. This makes an elongated star appear. Can you see it?
DSCF2841
….looking good
DSCF2843
As I worked my way down the quilt I kept looking at the blocks and thinking about how I will quilt them. I have been looking at the “Dear Jane” book and I see that the original is quilted in quite a minimal style. I will have to try to not quilt Jane to death!
I’ve started some ruler work on the borders. I have decided to do piano keys at ½” intervals along the outer border. That’s about 150 lines per border. Phew!
 DSCF2845
I’m happy with how Jane is looking so far. What do you think?
Bye for now

4 comments:

  1. I love the contrast between the piano key quilting and the curves in the elongated triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to watch how you quilt Dear Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. Sampler type quilts have taken up a lot of my quilty thoughts lately. I think the colours in this are just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...