Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

add a dash of lime

Remember when I told you about receiving a new ruler from America? Well this is what I made:

DSCF2813

The ruler is from Jenny at Sew Kinda Wonderful.She has several different patterns you can make using the ruler. The ruler is a very cunning tool. First you use it to cut fabric, then after sewing a block it becomes a straighten up and trim tool. Very clever! The curves are not too difficult to sew once you get the idea. How Jenny thought this all out I will never know – my head hurts just thinking about it! Jenny has excellent videos on her site to help you through the process.

The pattern I have used is Urban Pods. I love the way the blocks flip over half way down the quilt and create that row of curved diamond shapes.

upcentraldiamonds

The curved border is just a little add on of mine. A nice opportunity to add some piano key stitching.

DSCF2815

Some modern quilting:

DSCF2785

Don’t you just love the texture?

DSCF2809

Next up for me will be the Urban Birthday quilt. I have the fabric already.

Thanks Jenny for sharing your creativity with us. As you can see I love my quilt so much it has become my new banner!

Thanks for popping by

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful all the way around. I love the colors, and your quilting totally takes it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Linda - so fresh and modern - the great curved edge finishes it beautifully. You are rapidly converting me to long arm quilting.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's some quilt with all those curves, and your quilting makes it even more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and the quilting adds so much texture! I like your scalloped edges in white. Woohoo! Don't you just love to celebrate when you've finished something you already know will be a favorite.
    Kim / SeeingStars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful and the texture of your quilting is fabulous!! I'm afraid of curves, but you made that ruler sound so easy to use, I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW this really is amazing I LOVE it
    I'm about to blog about my new ruler/template too

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. Great minds obviously think alike as I am just about to finish quilting something that I have made using the same ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The back is as beautiful as the front. I love how the texture is highlighted by the white fabric. Very simple yet so effective = modern! I love your Christmas quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt. I love the way you have quilted it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Absolutely, stunning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you through Sew Many Ways...gorgeous quilt! Love the curved ruler.
    Amanda

    amanda@materialgirlquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous quilt - great job!
    Thanks for helping me with the trial linky party. It seems to be working well, and I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the effect of the quilting on the back. So gorgeous! And such an innovative design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat! I just got back from being out of town and couldn't have come back to something more awesome, amazing and beautiful! Love your quilting and added borders, very clever! ;o) Yours is the first Urban Pods I've seen done up! You've made my day, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilting is spectacular. That is a fantastic quilt and blue and green is so refreshing and my very favorite color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a wonderful job on this. Love your fabrics and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing! It is lovely and interesting. Love the curved border.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...