Saturday, June 02, 2012

Sweet as

I am so happy with my Midnight Madness quilt.
I had it all quilted and bound to show on Thursday Club night. It was interesting to see all the different versions.
DSCF2349
I used one of my favourite threads; Superior Bottom Line in a very soft grey. This is really a bobbin thread but I like it as a top thread as it seems to pick up and blend with what ever colour it crosses. On the dark Purple it blended in and didn’t look to “thready”.
DSCF2356
I did nice soft loopy swirls and dwirls in the feature fabric and leaves, vines and tendrils in the boxes and frames.
DSCF2358
DSCF2362
Never one to waste the leftovers I whipped up some Magic Four Patches and inserted them into the Backing.
DSCF2352
Now I’m thinking if I had added just a few more Four Patches I could have called the back a “Modern Quilt”
Thanks for popping by and a BIG THANK YOU to my new followers. I’ll be popping on over to visit you soon.
Cheers
  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Linda and I just love the way you have quilted it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this is a beauty! The arrangement of the colors in diagonal rows is appealing to my eye. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Quilting and Fabulous Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have quilted it. This is a beauty!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...