Pages

Monday, June 04, 2012

I’ve been stitchin’

A few weeks ago Mary asked me to help her to design a quilt using a picture panel. I don’t know about you but I find picture panels very cute to look at but often the measurements within the panels are difficult to work with. Anyway we settled on Saw tooth Stars with borders constructed with a border print from the same collection.

DSCF2372
Mary is a Great Gran, this quilt if for an expected Great Grandson. I think she has made a super job of putting her quilt together.Baby is due right now – perhaps a Jubilee baby?
This patchwork fabric has very nice art work.
DSCF2374
I enjoyed quilting it. Lots of stars and loops. As well as this quilt Mary has made another smaller quilt with a cot panel. More on that tomorrow………
Thanks for checking in
Cheers 

3 comments:

  1. Linda, the blocks are great, set out in a pattern that fits them so well, and I so like the stars, perfect for a special little one. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious!

    I like panels, but find they are seldom straight and are difficult to square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt and I like how you have quilted it. I agree that panels certainly present a challenge when designing a quilt and often wonder why the blocks in them are often such odd sizes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...