Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Midnight Madness

 Last night I attended Midnight Madness run by Taupo Quiltmakers. We all gathered by 6pm and it was foot to the peddle and sew sew sew. After about an hour so we stopped for refreshments; fish and chips, salad and bread. Then back to the peddle we went. After another hour or so we refreshed again with Chocolate fudge slice and Pavlova. Yum.
My good friend Debbie gave me this very pretty fabric:
DSCF2343
It was the perfect feature fabric for my quilt.
DSCF2334

I had so much fun sewing this. It was a real treat to do some easy recreational stitching. I like the way the smaller solid squares “float” in the garden of Sweet Peas.
I think you could cut and sew this top in about 4 hours. The pattern is called Japanese Square Dance, it featured in the Australian Patchwork and quilting magazine Number 20 Vol 4.
Now all I have to do is quilt it…….
Thanks for popping by

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea for a 'Quilt-in' and very productive too. Love the quilt top, fresh and pretty, and all my favourite colours. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. My little girl would love it. It's in her favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...