Monday, March 05, 2012

Quilting makes the quilt II

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I have been quilting lots of quilts made with this same pattern.

DSCF1980

It’s a challenge to think  of something different to stitch on them. I always say that the quilting on a quilt should take your eye somewhere that the piecing doesn’t. I’m happy with what I have done on this one. The stitching almost tricks the eye into thinking some very tricky piecing has been done.

DSCF1978

The eye wants to travel on the diagonal rather than straight up and down.

DSCF1976DSCF1974

I also like the “modern’ look of this quilting style. A good contrast to the flowery fabric.

The back looks pretty cool too:

DSCF1985

DSCF1987

 

 

 

 

Thanks for popping by.

 

PS First fall of snow on our mountains. Bit soon for that kinda thing. Looks beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks great, especially on the back.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...