Pages

Sunday, March 04, 2012

It was a plum job

Yes pudding was yummy today. We have had very little good stone fruit this summer. Our own trees have been having a holiday – only about 10 plums on each tree. On Wednesday we were given a large bag of plums. They are very yum. Pudding today? Plum Tart.

Ta dah!

DSCF1967

To make the filling I halved and stoned the plums and popped them in a bowl. Then I added:

2 Tablespoons of melted butter

2 Tablespoons of Raspberry jelly crystals

3/4 cup of sugar

1/4 cup of flour

Juice and finely grated rind of a lemon (you can use orange but I didn’t have one and our lemons are very sweet).

Toss this all around  with a fork until everything is well coated/blended.

Pile into your favourite pie crust and bake at 220C for 15 mins and then turn the oven down to 180C and bake a further 20/30 mins.

Thanks for popping by.

PS This recipe is just great for rhubarb too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipie. I can't wiat to try it. Can I use frozen plums? I have bags and bags of them. Also when you refer to jelly chrystals do you mean Jello. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another good one. Too bad we can't sample. Lol

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...