Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Quilts for Christchurch

If you have been following my blog for awhile you will know I have been involved in making quilts for people in Christchurch. Suddenly Peggy & I realised we hadn’t sent quilts to our own family!
So remember this?
[DSCF1076%255B12%255D.jpg]

Well that got quilted and bound
DSCF1846
Then Peggy and I had a quiltathon and made this:
DSCF1851DSCF1857
About 4 years ago I participated in Kiwi quilters on line Christmas swap. My lovely partner sent me a huge collection of 6 inch squares of cat fabric. She also included squares of purple fabric. With a little addition of purple and the black from our stash we were able to complete the quilt top. With black calico from our stash and a repurposed woollen blanket for the  filling we have a very cosy quilt.
I had such fun quilting this.
DSCF1858
This is my favourite piece a little Japanese cat. Couldn’t quilt across this face!
DSCF1855
Check out the quilting texture on the back:
DSCF1848
We posted these today. The recipients don’t know they are coming. Wish we could be there to see their faces when they open their parcels.
Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Linda and Peggy, love the colours, and the cats, and most of all the back that shows off the design so well.And as I have just looked at the SewCalGal Feb. Challenge, and had a trial run, I admire your swirls,feathers and all else,... even more so now...Whoever receives these will love them ,and have comfort, not only warmth, always.Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky family you have!!!!! They should be delighted with their quilts. These are all quite lovely but the purple one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Linda and Peggy!

    It is satisfying to use our talent(s) to help others, especially family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What generous girls you are Linda! The quilts are beautiful and will be a lovely surprise for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...