Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bound to please II


As  I was binding my Rugby World Cup Challenge (in extra time) I decided I would like to share a super tip to make sewing your binding down much easier.
Here’s my secret weapon:
Charlottes Fusible Web:
 
 Now here’s what I do.
Sew binding on in the usual way.Now fill bobbin with fusible thread. Zig Zag stitch in the seam allowance on the top side of the quilt. I use width 3, length 2. Make sure you get real close to the corners.
DSCF1750
This is what it will look like on the back:
DSCF1752
Now turn your quilt over and finger press the binding away from the quilt top. Don’t use your iron for this bit or you will be fusing your quilt onto the ironing board! I use my Clover finger iron for this.
DSCF1754
Now turn your quilt over and start folding your binding to the back and press.Coming right up to a corner:
DSCF1756
press right up close to the corner, fold that corner and press again:
DSCF1758
Look perfect corner – no pins!!
DSCF1760
Keep on folding over and pressing. I love the sharp look:
DSCF1762
See how good it looks quilt side:
DSCF1764
The best part is how easy it is to sew your binding down. No pins!! I find I can hand sew my binding down lickety split using this method. Try it, you will love it.
I find this thread a tad hard to come by in New Zealand. The only place I can find it is:Quiltworks
I buy mine direct from Superior Threads. No Affils,  just love their products.
TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, Linda!!!!! Can't wait to try it. So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Linda! That's a fabulous tip, i have never heard of that thread! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...