Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A touch of Christmas

Christmas decorations around here are way subdued in comparison to our Northern Blogging friends. However we have popped a few favourite pieces around the house:
Home for Christmas
In 2003 I participated in a Round Robin Row by Row with Taupo Quiltmakers. I asked for Red, Green, and  White traditional Christmas look. I made these these churn dash blocks as my sample:
DSCF1653
My team members stuck to the plan and I think my quilt is just fab.
DSCF1651

This lovely soft traditional star quilt is a magic opshop find.
DSCF1659
The hand quilting on it is just exquisite. How could any one send this to an op shop?
DSCF1661
Another favourite:”A gathering of Angels”
DSCF1657
I won these angel blocks at a “Gathering of Quilting Angels” organised by Matamata quilters in 2004.
Thanks for popping by
TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    There's nothing subdued about these beautiful Christmas quilts, fantastic!
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these quilts are beautiful. It makes me happy when someone who loves quilts rescues them from thrift shops.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...